The Social Studies/Native Studies Department is working hard at getting quality information and resources uploaded to the website but doing things well takes time. We thank you for your patience. Meanwhile, please check out the following recent additions:
Need help searching our website? Try our Site Index
- See Raymond Shirritt-Beaumont's illustrated account of his battlefields tour of France and Belgium.
- Pdf copies of many Frontier School Division's Native Studies Publications are now available. See our FSD Resources page for details.
- Find history boring? Look to the Grade 11 Canadian History page for suggestions that will engage teachers and students in a process of historical discovery. Our section on Remembrance Day offers new ideas to make this event more meaningful for schools and their communities, including access to biographies of approximately 400 Canadian WWI soldiers. See also Vimy 2017.
- Those researching their family histories will want to visit the Aboriginal Roots section for research tips and sources of information. The Frontier Families pages highlight the Muchikekwanape, and Nabaise families. (Please note that the Nabaise section has recently been edited and reorganised. )
- Need help to locate appropriate SS/NS materials for your classroom? See our new Book & Media Reviews section in the Teachers' Zone.
- See the FSD Photo Archive Reference Guide, which has links to thumbnail and higher resolution images. With its focus on northern and remote Manitoba, the Division's Photo Archive is an excellent resource for teachers, students, and community researchers.
We appreciate your feedback!
Last updated :
November 15, 2012