The Teachers' Zone is designed for teachers, especially those teaching Social Studies, Native (Aboriginal) Studies, and History. The following sub-sections will soon be available - check back often!
- See Book-Media Reviews for important information about contemporary SS/NS resources in various media (video, print, websites, etc.).
- The News section is a useful resource for teachers of current issues. Articles focus on social, political, and economic issues of interest to FSD and Northern Manitoba communities. Aboriginal news and news makers are also highlighted in this section, along with articles that are of general interest to educators.
- Although listed under Grade 11 Canadian History, our Remembrance Day page has information and resources suitable for use at every grade level, including a database of biographies for more than 400 Canadian WWI and WWII soldiers.
- Check out the Muskeg Special - Educational Edition, created with editorial input from Frontier School Division's Social Studies/Native Studies Department.
- Also see our unique FSD Photo Archive, which features rare historical photographs of northern Manitoba communities and residents. Low resolution images of the photos are available online and are suitable for PowerPoint® presentations or other multimedia projects. Lending copies of the original prints are also available for classroom use for up to 4 weeks. Contact Library Services for more information. All images in the FSD Photo Archive are in the Public Domain and are, therefore, free of copyright restrictions. See our CopyRIGHTS page for more information.
September 7, 2011